Homemade Gifts & Crafts


Just a quick post today to share something cute I made this week. Since I finished uni I've had a lot more spare time to do bits and bats that I used to love but haven't made time for in a while. I posted a piece a couple of weeks ago about getting back into photography which you can read here. But I've also been doing some painting and some craft work too. I've forgotten how therapeutic it can be to sit down and put all your concentration on a painting or a craft.  

To make these I bought some wooden letters on amazon for next to nothing, you can find them here. For less than £2, you can't go wrong. Next it was simply a case of painting and designing something cute. I used a couple coats of acrylic paint, letting them dry completely between coats. I also finished them off with PVA glue to make them stronger, seal the design and add a shine too. I think something like this would make a perfect homemade gift for a friend or family member and the great thing is that you can personalise for each person/occasion!

What are your favourite things to do in your downtime?

No comments