Books to Love: The Time Traveler's Wife


If I was banished to an island and could only take three items with me, this book would definitely be one of them. You know when you love a book so much and you've read it and re-read it a thousand times and you've dropped it in the bath so the pages are wrinkled and the edges are dog-eared and some of the pages are coming away from the spine... That kind of love? Yeah, that's The Time Traveler's Wife to me. Thankfully the copy in the picture is one that my boyfriend bought me for my 21st birthday and believe me, it is cherished. 

Blurb: This is the extraordinary love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. In the face of this force they can neither prevent nor control, Henry and Clare's struggle to lead normal lives in both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable. -  Audrey Niffenneger

Every time I read this both I find something else to love. It's packed with so much academia, science, arts and languages, as well as the deep stuff; love and tragedy, family and friendship. It's so well written and there are so many people and parts to love it in. Plus Henry and Clare's relationship is something to aspire to and definiely worthy of being stamped with a 'relationship goals' tag. It's funny and sweet and incredibly moving. I urge you to read it if you haven't already.

If you've seen the film and liked it, I promise you'll love this 100000x more. 

Have you read The Time Traveler's Wife yet?

No comments