Cheap Full Coverage Foundation from Avon


Avon are very hit-and-miss with their products. Some of their stuff is brilliant and innovative and sometimes unusual and are a great alternative to some of the more expensive brands. But others aren't so good and  are probably a good example of 'you get what you pay for.' 

Foundation is hard one to get right at the best of times and buying from a catalogue, with no way to test the colour or consistency, is risky business. To find the colour, coverage and finish that you want in just one product is hard but the Ideal Flawless Foundation from Avon ticks all the boxes for me. 

Colour is a good match, I don't have to worry about unblended marks on my jaw line. Coverage is the best aspect of this foundation. With others that I've tried and tested, I've always had to put concealer and powder over the top to achieve the desired coverage. But with Avon's Ideal Flawless Foundation, I can apply and go without having to worry about that extra bit of coverage, maybe just a little under my eyes to brighten them. The finish is quite dewy which I usually don't like but if I'm having a good skin day, I can get away with it with this product. That being said I do usually dab a bit of powder across my t-zone where it's a bit oily. Old habits die hard, you know?

It comes in eight shades. I bought mine in Light Pink and I have very fair skin. A little goes a long way with this one too. To say it only costs £6 it lasts for ages because you can get away with using less product while still getting good coverage.

The only issue I'm having, with any foundation I use at the moment, is the method of application. I tend to blend this foundation using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush but it leaves brush marks that I end up blending out with my fingers anyway. I'm not a big fan of using a sponge either because it just seems to eat the product and I end up using more than I really needed to. So if anyone can recommend me a good foundation brush I'd really appreciate it!

Have you ever tried a foundation from Avon?

No comments