Review: B. Sweet Popping Candy Illuminating Serum


A couple of months ago I was chosen to be a Superdrug Insider. This means each month I get sent a hamper of Superdrug products to test run and then I get to share my thoughts with you all! So in case you were in two minds about buying the B. Sweet Popping Candy Highlighting Serum (oh what a mouthful!), here's what I thought!

As the sun starts to show its face a bit more, having a glowing complexion compliments the weather perfectly. But I'll be honest and say that I was slightly underwhelmed by this product. I was expecting great things considering the price point and what I really got was a just okay product, good at best. In case you can't see from the picture, the ball formula is sat in a clear serum and once it's pumped out, the balls are transformed into a liquid which mixes with the serum. 

Let me start with the things I liked about it. Firstly, there are so many ways you can use it; under your foundation, on the top of your foundation or mixed in with your foundation. So you can find a way which works for you best. Secondly, the packaging of the whole B. Sweet range is on point. It's so cute and girly, I love it!

I've tried using it each way and I just can't get on with it when I put it over my foundation, whether it's just on my cheek bones or over my whole face. It just seems to rub off my foundation and leave a gaping hole of my uneven skin tone. But I like it when it's mixed with my foundation because it gives a little bit of brightness to my whole face. But the best way to use it, I've found, is to put it on underneath your foundation. Or, if you're having a good skin day, use it on its own. It gives a lovely, subtle glow - perfect for those days where your skin is threatening to give away just how tired you are.

I do like this product but the price point puts me off. You get 30ml of product for £14.99 which is a bit steep for a high street highlighter in my opinion. But if it was on offer I'd definitely consider repurchasing!

Have you seen the new B. Sweet range? What do you think of it?

No comments