American Beauty: Marc Jacobs The Lolita



When I was at school and people would ask what I wanted to be when I was older, the words 'fashion photographer' would always slip from my mouth before they'd even had chance to finish the question. Marc Jacobs was my favourite designer. I was one of those cut-and-stick everything from the magazines into notebooks and on my walls kind of girls and I remember having the most beautiful pink Marc Jacobs handbag stapled to the front of my favourite notebook. Needless to say, I no longer want to be a fashion photography but I'm still more than impressed by Marc Jacobs.

Marc Jacobs Beauty has been going for less than two years but it has made big waves in the blogging community. I'd have my eye on it for quite some time but I could never justify spending so much money on one item. But eventually I caved (being in America and feeling on top of the world probably had something to do with it) and I decided to go for The Lolita eyeshadow palette which contains seven shades, some matte and some shimmer, but all very wearable. The mix of shades make it easy to turn any look from daytime to night time so it's a good palette for on-the-go. There are currently eight different palettes, each with a little something different so there's something for everyone.

The only issue I have with this palette is that the fall out from the glitter shadows is insane. I've only used this palette twice since February (I spent the majority of that time staring at it and not wanting to put an eyeshadow brush anywhere near it for fear or ruining it's perfection) and I had to give it a pretty good wipe down to make it suitable for photographing. Other than that though, I don't have a bad word to say about it. The pigment is good, the lasting power is good, the colours are good, the packaging is on point. That's all there is to it!

You can buy this palette from sephora for $59, steep but would make a wonderful treat for yourself or someone else.

Have you tried anything from Marc Jacobs Beauty?

No comments