American Beauty: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush


I do love a good blusher and one that claims to be long-wearing, especially in the warmer weather, certainly fits the bill for a good summer makeup staple. 

Tarte claim that Amazonian Clay has all kinds of skin benefits; nourishing, hydrating and oil minimising so whatever skin type you are (supposedly), Tarte have you covered. Another bonus is that it's free from parabens too so if you're concerned about what goes into your beauty products, there is no need to worry.

I wear mine in Natural Beauty and I absolutely love it. It also has the Mum Stamp of Approval (I brought my mum one home and she loves it too.) I'm not convinced the lasting power stands the 12-hour test but it lasts long enough to get me through a day so I don't have any complaints in that area. You have to be quite careful as it's incredibly pigmented so a gentle hand with your blusher brush is a must. If you're curious, I use the Avon brush (£4) which is lovely and soft.

The great thing is that you can now buy these in the UK from QVC for £25. If you're in the states, you can get in from Sephora for $28. There are less shades available in the UK but there is still quite a good selection.

If you want to see some swatches, Essie Button did a lovely post at the beginning of last year using about eight of the shades.

Have you tried these products? What did you think?

I've been resisting the urge to mention packaging in any posts recently but I couldn't help it with this one - how pretty is it!? The safari/jungle-esque print makes it stand out from any other blushers I own. The outer packaging also reflects the colour of the blush which makes for easy grabbing on busy mornings. Well done, Tarte. I'm impressed.

No comments