Books in February


February seems to have passed by in a blur, don't you think? It's been a busy one and with work and deadlines and adventures, I haven't done an awful lot of reading! But the books I have read have been great and are definitely ones I'd recommend. So here they are: 

Romesh Ranganathan | Straight Outta Crawley
I love a good biography by a comedian. Romesh is one of my favourites at the moment and I knew his book would be a good read. It is funny and honest and really interesting. I always wonder how comedians can be so funny on paper but I found myself laughing out loud on a few occasions reading this one! It's perfect if you're looking for something easy and entertaining to read. 

Karen Thompson Walker | The Dreamers
I had seen this book everywhere online before I bought it. There was a huge fuss around it and I couldn't resist indulging in the hype. In a town in California, residents begin to fall prey to a  mysterious sickness that causes them to fall asleep for days, weeks, months. Nobody understands what is happening, nobody can explain it, nobody can cure it. People drop one by one and those still awake try desperately to avoid the inevitable. I loved this book. When I got to the end, I wanted to keep going. I wanted to know how and why. I wanted to know more about the dreams. I wanted to know the fate of some of the characters. It's my must-read of the year so far.

At the moment I'm reading Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. I'm also hoping to get through Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney because I recently read Normal People and absolutely loved it. I've also just bought The Familiars by Stacey Halls which I'm excited to read!

What are you reading at the moment?
xo

No comments