The Guys Behind the Blog: September


The questions in this post were created by Betsy from Heavens to Betsy. Each month she and Laura from According to Laura Jean come up with a few questions for the boyfriends/husbands behind the women who run these blogs! I decided to join the link-up and ask Callum some questions from the September edition of The Guys Behind the Blog.

What's the silliest thing you and your significant other have needed to compromise on?
Not texting unless it's lunch time because my texts are so sporadic through the day... I just forget, that's all. I read it and think 'I'll text back in 5 minutes..' and you just forget, don't you? I'm also only allowed to have a very specific length of beard and can't wear my black skinny jeans any more. But they're more like demands.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 must haves would you bring with you?
Pen and paper so that I keep track of my own mental state on this stranded island. I'd have to have my guitar, always have to have my guitar. I gotta have a Jess there too. However if Jess was on her way anyway I would have to bring sunglasses (I'm awful in the sun..)

Talents aside, what is your dream job?
That's a difficult one because there's loads of things I'd love to do. I reckon a pilot would be pretty cool. The obvious one would be a musician, playing at festivals. Barack Obama's right hand man, or his chauffeur, his photographer, basically along the lines of a 'fly on the wall' kind of job for someone fairly up there. Maybe for me and Jess to own a bakery, a business of any sort - seen as though we make a decent team.

What are three things on your bucket list?
Northern lights would be pretty cool to see, always wondered what it would look like through your own eyes. I've always wanted to visit all the States in America, I'm a 1/5 of the way there I think! Visit Australia and see family out there, it'd be good to do that at some point.

What kind of date is your favourite to go on with your significant other? (Romantic, fun, spontaneous etc.)
Holiday dates (expensive I know..) When we're on holiday and we're wandering around and exploring places that neither of us have explored before. That's my favourite time when I'm with Jess. 

... Cinema is alright.

I hope you enjoyed reading Callum's answers, it was a struggle getting him to think about a bucket list. Come on, Callum, have you got no hopes or dreams? If I can rope him into answering some more questions, there'll be another edition of The Guys Behind the Blog 29th October!