The Fashion Edit: 70's Vibe






The playsuit and shoes in these photographs were gifted to me from Boohoo

Last week Boohoo got in touch with me and asked if I'd like to take part in their 70's Vibe campaign. After spitting my tea out and rushing to tell my family, of course I said yes, absolutely, definitely, without a doubt. After composing myself I sent a message to my friend Olivia and asked if she'd be the photographer and she was more than willing. She has some serious skills with a camera so I was really excited to get her involved! 

I chose a couple of items from their 70's/Boho items (which you can shop here) and it was not an easy task. There are so many items I love including this cute open shoulder kimono and these skinny trousers. In the end I settled for this gorgeous printed playsuit and the suede gladiator heels.

I am in love with this playsuit. First of all, it's so comfy and such a flattering cut too. The neckline allows for a bit of a longer necklace so I went with a cute feather and arrow necklace that I bought last year. The pattern of the playsuit is beautiful and the variety of colours makes it really easy to accessorize. I chose to add a couple of brown/blue toned chunky bracelets, a gold necklace with a hint of blue as well as a tiny Michael Kors clutch to offset the bolder blue in the pattern. I'm planning on taking this playsuit to Barcelona with me at the weekend and I think it'll make a lovely outfit for an evening out! 

The shoes were really comfortable and I know they're going to look lovely dressed up with a playsuit like this or dressed down with a pair of skinny jeans and a white top. The heel was just the right size too - big enough for a lift and to add a bit of something to the outfit but not too big that I couldn't walk down the street without clutching Olivia's arm. Perfect size. The suede material also make them perfect to add a touch of the 70's to any style.

I tried to channel my inner Farrah Fawcett with my makeup - I went for a bit of winged eyeliner as well as a big brush of peach/coral blusher and a sweep of a similar coloured lipgloss. I also curled my hair and back combed it for some extra volume but the rain had it's way and flattened it (you can always count on the British weather to ruin something!) 

I owe a massive thank you to Olivia for taking these photos. You should check out her website and also give her facebook page a like too. She also has a blog full of her university photography work so give that a peak too.

Also big thanks to Boohoo for getting me involved in this campaign, it has been an immense pleasure!

What do you think of the 70's Vibe trend? I definitely recommend checking out what Boohoo have to offer. They have some really cute pieces in at the moment that have made me fall in love with the 70s era. Speaking of which, off I go to binge watch That 70's Show on Netflix!

No comments