Rituals 24 Hour Hydrating Cream


I'm always on the hunt for a really good moisturiser. Since it's a product we all use everyday, I think it's important to get it right. I've tried my fair share of high streets brands and a couple of higher end brands but I haven't yet found my perfect product. I always try to mix up my moisturisers depending on the season. I use a more heavy-duty product in the winter when my skin needs an extra drink but for Summer and the transitional seasons, I'm still struggling to find the one.

That being said, I do love the Rituals 24 Hour Hydrating Gel Cream. I got this as a sample when I bought a scrub from Rituals in Amsterdam (which is AMAZING, by the way, keep an eye open for that review) so it was only enough for about four uses. It just about saw me through the weekend but I have to say, it was a pleasure to use.

The gel/cream is a light blue colour and you can tell straight away that the texture is different from an ordinary moisturiser - it's more gel than cream. It soaks in fairly quickly but it leaves the skin feeling smooth and hydrated. My main issue with moisturisers is that they don't always sit well on my skin, so when I go to put a primer on and then my foundation, it ends up looking patchy and uneven. But this didn't do that at all. It sat really well under my primer so my foundation application was a breeze.

The full size 50ml jar costs £26.50 which I think is a bit steep to have as an everyday moisturiser. However I would definitely consider repurchasing this as a birthday treat (to myself, obviously. Does anyone else do that?) I'm beginning to really love Rituals as a brand, they have some lovely products and the quality is good too. They give you what you expect for the price you pay.

What is your go-to moisturiser? Do you have any recommendations for me?

No comments