A Pink Lip for Everyone


If you regularly read my blog you might remember I wrote a post on my favourite red lip colours not so long ago. Each applied differently and each had a different finish so there was a little something for everyone! Since you all seemed to like it so much, I though I'd do a second edition including my favourite pink lip picks. 

I'll warn you now, this post heavily features Revlon. I didn't even realise I had such a love affair with the brand until I started to write this post. Apparently they're my go-to for a pink lip and you know what, I'm okay with that. The first is the Revlon Colour Stay Moisture Stain 010 LA Exclusive. this is probably the most gloss-like of the lot, I wouldn't argue it was anything like a stain. The colour is sheer and the finish is a bit sticky but it's lovely for a wash of colour. The Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in 080 Strawberry Shortcake is probably the best for day-to-day wear, alongside the Carmex Moisture Plus balm (featured in the glass jar above). Both are super easy to just pop off the cap, swipe along the lips and throw back in your handbag. Or place neatly, whichever you prefer. The Carmex is a bit of a deeper pink but both have a moisturising, buttery finish. If you're looking for something with subtle-ish colours and a product that won't dry out your lips, go for either of those ones.

I went through a stage of loving lip crayons. I bought my first from the Revlon Colourburst Balm Stain range in the colour 001 Honey. I love this product because it lasts ages. I went to a wedding last year and this was my lip product of choice. I applied it at about 2pm and by the morning after (I know, I didn't take my makeup off... Gross. Feel free to judge) it was still there. It does have a tendency to dry out my lips a little bit but it's nothing a bit of prep and extra balm (usually vaseline) can't handle. As I loved this colour so much, I went and bought a lip crayon from the Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm range in the colour 105 Demure. This is more of peachy shade, especially in comparison to the others and it has a slight shimmer to it so I think it wears best over the top of another colour. It does have a balmy finish though so perfect for if you need something a little less drying. 

The Too Faced Melted Peony lipstick is my favourite of the bunch. It dries matte, unlike the others, and the colour is the most pigmented of them all. The soft sponge applicator makes it really easy to apply on the go and the colour is beautiful. Read my full review of it here. I'm dying to buy more from this range but until then I'll be wearing this to its death. 

What are you perfect pink lip shades? I'd love to hear your recommendations!

No comments