Crafts: 'Home' Sign



Happy Monday! How are we all? As I'm writing this I'm sat in a little lodge in the New Forest preparing for a day in Bournemouth with my family. A McGuire/Mitchell extended family holiday never goes to plan and we've had a few hiccups and laughs and now we're all settled with just a few days left to enjoy. It's still early at the moment so everyone is just pottering around i.e killing time waiting for the shower. I've learnt not to bother, nobody lets me in until last and I take the longest to get ready because, you know, my eyelashes don't look so good in such a narrow time frame (and then as it gets later and I ask when we're leaving I'll be met with groans of 'we were waiting for youuuu!' They never learn, honestly! 

Last week I decided it was time to get a bit crafty again so I had a rummage through my craft box and pulled out a few bits and bobs that I could use. The little plaques I had only had enough room for a four letter word so I was limited in my choices and settled on one saying 'Home' (above) and one saying 'Team' (a gift for my boyfriend as who makes a better team, really!?) 

They were pretty simple to make. The only thing that extends the process is waiting time between coats. And we all know how exciting it is watch paint dry... Yawn. The little white stars had a couple coats of silver glitter spray which unfortunately don't show up on the pictures but look really nice on the plaques. And it just gives it a little bit of something else!

I gave this one to my mum and she hung it up straight away, she loved it! I've got a couple more planned as gifts to family and friends and I can't wait to get making them!

What have you all been up to lately?

No comments