American Beauty: Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation

     

While this foundation doesn't quite meet the holy grail status of other products in the blogosphere, it has certainly created some whispers of intrigue. I bought the Amazonian Clay foundation from Tarte in when I went to New York in February (you can read about that here). It was one of products I had in mind to buy before I went. So did it live up to my expectations? 

Short answer: yes. 

It is an oil free foundation and it claims to give you 12 hours coverage. It also has UVA/UVB filters (SPF 15) so you get some protection when then sun decides to show his face too (not such an issue for us Brits, eh?) it's also cruelty free! 

The first thing I noticed about this was how thick it was. I was slightly worried about slapping it on my face. But it proved really easy to blend and it feels really light weight on the skin. It has full  coverage too, I only needed a little extra concealer under my eyes. Wear time was good. I'm not sure I'd trust it to last 12 hours (I'm not yet a primer-convert either but that may increase wear time for some of you). 

Overall I was really impressed with this foundation. I'd definitely repurchase. 

Also, just between me and you, I love the packaging. It feels really luxurious to hold and makes a nice addition to any makeup collection. 

Have you tried this foundation?

No comments